Birdie and Teapot

This is not much of a literary post, but I did a watercolor painting of a teapot and a birdie and I thought I would share it with everyone. You can click on the photo to see it enlarged.

• Digg
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

Comments (12)

happygaiwanAugust 21st, 2012 at 8:03 am

That’s really well done, I especially love the colour of that teapot!

jackieAugust 21st, 2012 at 8:21 am

Wow, Amy that’s really good work! I didn’t know you were an artist. Have you painted any other aquarelles? Did you hang this one up?

amyohAugust 21st, 2012 at 8:23 am

Thank you – I have done a TON of watercolors and I hope to get them scanned and put up on Etsy someday. :D

I have been wanting to do a tea themed series, I did not hang it up. I have a lot of paintings!

iheartteasAugust 21st, 2012 at 8:52 am

Absolutely gorgeous. Do you have more you could show us?

peterAugust 21st, 2012 at 9:12 am

I agree with the others, that is very nice. You have a skillful hand and eye because that bird looks exceptional. Please share more!

amyohAugust 21st, 2012 at 10:07 am

Thanks Peter!

AzzrianAugust 21st, 2012 at 9:49 am

That is beautiful!

xavierAugust 21st, 2012 at 11:11 am

It is because of beautiful paints like this that I wish I could draw and paint.

jason anthony wittAugust 22nd, 2012 at 3:20 am

oh, yes. see the face how it turns, and the cardinal would have a pencil behind his ear if facing “the other” way. i’m impressed, and i don’t say that lightly

fragrantcupAugust 22nd, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Odd, i know a potter here in St. Louis MO who makes teapots that look so much like that! I forget his name, i’m sure i can dig it up though. The birds are, of course smaller, but many of his teapots are celedon. I think he has even done some in a similar shape as the teapot in your painting! Amazing though, the bird is beautiful, i wonder if the potter would be able make a pot just like that… that would be cool to have!
    -Eric

fragrantcupAugust 22nd, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Yes, Jimmy Liu… his recent work doesn’t have many birds, must have been in a bird phase when i saw him in pottery class a few years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmyliu/sets/72157603136306619/ hope this works… his flicker site, teapot section.

Larry ChinAugust 26th, 2012 at 10:18 pm